View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 AM   #79
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Sometimes it is what is is.

http://www.82games.com/0910/09DAL1.HTM

He's shooting under 40%, his eFG% in the clutch is 16%, and we're giving up TWELVE more points per 100 possessions on defense with JJB.

I've never said he's been bad every game, in fact I acknowledged his good games a few times this year. But fact is, he's been BAD for the most part this year. He has, for the most part, played poorly and been overplayed (and yes, even with the injuries, he has been overplayed, and yes, that is on RC, but no, it does not excuse JJB's poor play).

It's not as though I'm just hating on him for no reason, or my expression of displeasure is through no discernment on the games or take on the facts. He's simply not played well. I don't know why it's so difficult to comprehend that people on this board have been upset with JJB, because he is in fact culpable of being upset with.
The problem is that you are relying on these stats as an end-all-be-all, when the stats need to be interpreted to have any meaning. The stats you offer as evidence actually do say that Barea is more effective on defense than he is on offense. That runs counter to your argument.

Barea is going to have net negatives in all of these stats just because of when he plays. When you appreciate that, we willl have gone a long way toward figuring out this disagreement.

EDIT: My apologies, I misread the stats you cited. I took his defensive efficiency to be positive relative to his offensive efficiency, when in fact it is negative.

Last edited by chumdawg; 11-30-2009 at 02:23 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote