View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #459
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Global Warming is a similar theory to Evolution.

If they say it and preach long and hard enough, then the Theory is believed, even if it is not a proven fact.

What has happened is that money gets thrown at the perceived problem...money that is taken from you and my tax donations, without our approval.

What is being forced is to live life based on beliefs that are not 100% agreed on by people.

Basically, if you don't believe in Global Warming, or you believe in Creationism...you still have to abide by the laws of this land and go along with Global Warming as truth and Evolution as Truth...your beliefs have no value.

Essentially we are seeing a crowd that wants to shut down another crowd.

To be fair this happens on both sides of the Liberal/Conservative belief system.

For example Gay marriage...Conservatives want to shut down any thought of Gay Marriage. I personally am against Gay Marriage, but then again, I'm against any government involvment in marriage. All unions, as far as legal issues are concerned should be "Civil Unions"...marriages are an issue of ones respective faith and the Government should stay out of marriage all together.

Then as far as benefits from Insurance, Retirement, Companies, etc...should be dealt with on a case by case basis. Nobody should be forced to recognize a Same-Sex Union, but they can have the choice to.

That being said, there is no doubt that the opposition voice would rather drown out the Gay voice and force them to live under Straight Lifestyle beliefs.

So, how do we discern ones beliefs and have a society that allows people to live peacefully, yet with competing value structures?

One thing is to stop spending tax dollars on issues that have no full-proof merit, such as Global Warming. Actually believe in the people to make good choices on their own, especially when they make better choices than the government...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote