View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I was wondering why we didn't go to more two-man game with Dirk and Terry which always seems to get one if not both of them hot. I wonder if Carlisle is just determined to get a 5 man offense because of Kidd. I know even with Terry/Dirk being hot we'd still need at least 1 more consistent scorer. Kidd can score but is as inconsistent as he is smart when it comes to putting up points. Gooden and Thomas can occasionally put up some numbers but arent guys that will average 15ppg. Damp's and Marion have both been impressive so far with their post moces and ability to read the slash but Damp really cant be relied upon and Marion's game really depends on him being healthy and also having ball movement and scorers around him so there will be seams in the defense for him to find. We need more points and riding Dirk for 82 games just wont cut it with each player having a peak night and then shooting 20% the next 3-4 games.
Just need a legit #2 guy. I think we've been through the weaknesses of many of the options time and time again. As for why they didn't go with more of the JET and Dirk two man game. I don't know. I don't know if it was because of Jet's struggles or what. But yeah, you obviously cannot expect to ride Dirk this hard the entire season. I would say that someone needs to step up, but we pretty much know that the guys are what they are at this point of their career. I suppose JET could get on an extreme hot streak, but the remedy for this team offensively is a healthy Howard. I know that sounds overly simplistic..but that is the answer. This team will get absolutely nowhere until that guy gets healthy. If he cannot get healthy, there is a pretty good shot that this team is one and done..and very little chance of advancing out of round two.. unless Dirk is simply the best player on the planet night in and night out. That is a difficult task for anyone.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote