View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Isn't the golden rule in all religions to treat others as you would like to be treated? Seems a bit contradictory to have so many religious fanatics ranting about these issues with such hostile criticism when they expect complete understanding of their side.

In all seriousness, you need to wake the hell up. I know your all probably fifty year old conservatives who don't give a damn about the planet (either because your going to die soon or your banking on Jesus coming to save you from your own negligence), but shouldn't you at least stop and consider the alternative: what if your wrong? That is, what if everything you put blind faith into turns out to be false? Not only have you screwed your friends and family, your children and their children, but you've also screwed billions of other people you don't even know.

And that my friends is the problem with religion, when it becomes harmful to others. I look at issues like this and its clear that it's lost its way. Its not about upholding the teachings of Jesus anymore, or whatever faith you may hold, the golden rule applies to all faiths. And if your not following this rule I couldn't give a damn about your opinion on religious matters because your not even following your own code of conduct. If your stopping to think about all of this you will eventually realize that not being open to the possibility of creating a more eco-friendly planet is pretentious, foolish, and selfish. Where are your core religious values? I can't seem to find any, and without them, is there really any point to having religion at all?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote