View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #34
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Smoak can use another year in the minors. If he forces his way to the majors before that, then it's a great problem to have. However, if Davis finds his stroke at the plate, then you'll likely see Smoak and Davis in the lineup in 2011.
Man I hope you and Thiggy are wrong. I would love to toss his ass in the fire in '10, (just after we have his control for an additional year and he can be added to the 40), much like we did with Elvis. If he struggles, fine, send him down, but assuming he plays well in Spring Training that is definitely what I would do. If he succeeds at the MLB level, AWESOME, and if not, no worries - send him to AAA which he should definitely succeed in after seeing MLB pitching. That raises his confidence to an all time high, (seeing as how he hasn't hit that great there yet), and then he is really ready for that final call-up.

He is a lot like Feliz though - either way you can't lose. Later, earlier, either way you are going to have a Fing stud.