View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #57
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Looking at the fielding stats from ESPN, I could see where the argument could be made that Murphy is at least his equal defensively.

Cruz recorded about 120 more innings, and roughly 4 more assists, but also had one more error, etc.

Murphy recorded the better fielding pct.

From the eye, I would say Cruz has the stronger arm, but IMO Murphy seemed a little faster.
please tell me you didnt just use assists and error totals to compare defensive outfielders. Im not a huge proponent of uzr for outfielder but if you are gonna use defensive numbers to compare players use that. Murphy is right in that cruz does make mental mistakes but hes faster than murphy(and byrd if he comes back). He also has an absolute cannon.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote