View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #47
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Well, Dirk is now below 27 ppg @ 26.6. I have always wanted him to take his scoring up a notch in the regular season. Of course, it doesn't matter but Bird and Malone and Barkley all put up over 27 ppg several times and I would like to see Dirk do it.

Anyway-

I haven't been here in a few days and I just read the replies.

Flacolaco and Bayliss-

I started a thread about a statistical accomplishment that Dirk had never met before and whether fellow Maverick fans thought he could accomplish it. And then instead of posting yes or no and reasons for thinking it, you immediately start complaining about the validity of the thread.

If you don't like the thread, why did you click on it? I mean, couldn't you have predicted that a thread entitled "27 points per game?" would be about Dirk and averaging over 27 points per game. AND if you didn't catch that why would you take the time to post in it?

Are you complaining about the fact that threads like "16-7: Seriously, no recap?" and "GDT: Dallas Mavericks @ Miami Heat - 12/11/09, 6:30pm CST" mightl be bumped to the second page? Is that a problem for you?

It boggles my mind.
I don't think all that many Mavs fans care one way or another if Dirk averages 26 points a game or 30 or 50 or whatever number as long as he is contributing more than enough to ensure wins. I'm not sure why he would want to drive up his scoring unless it was absolutely necessary. As long as other players are healthy and able to score effectively, there is no need.
I don't want him trying to reach some sort of empty stat if it requires him to ball hog excessively at the detriment of the team or play major minutes just because Malone, Bird, and Barkley reached that magical number.
Why isn't 26 points good enough for you?
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote