View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #16
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
I always hate when a guy gets a T in Dampier's situation. By giving out a flagrant, the refs are openly acknowledging that there was excessive contact toward Dampier...and that's not supposed to elicit a response from him?

Anyway, on the bright side, Phoenix lost last night and Denver lost tonight, so no real harm done in terms of standings. Not to mention the fact that I'm exactly 100% sure this game would have gone definitely with Dirk. Marion's looked so much healthier the last few games, it's ridiculous. Josh showed once again he's a capable scorer but still doesn't have any shot discretion whatsoever. Kidd's T was surprisingly un-Kidd like, but he made some big plays down the stretch, so I'll give him a pass, we have no idea what happened in that exchange between him and Anderson to elicit that. JET needs to pull his head out of his ass.
I'm not trying to pour praise on an often boneheaded player just because of one game, but I thought Josh played quite well, especially in the 2nd half. He was driving to the basket, not settling for jumpers (which is what he was doing in the 1st half), and he was making them. He also had a couple nice assists, if I recall correctly.

I think he defense was solid, too; I don't remember any glaring times when he got blown by. He did fail to stick a hand in a player's face and allowed a couple jumpers. I think overall, for a team missing Dirk, he provided some critical scoring, mainly by getting in the paint.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote