View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #83
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I understand not giving an injury prone guy like Nick Johnson 5+ mil.

I do NOT understand giving Darren Oliver 3+ mil. Darren Oliver, for some reason, was always one of my favorite Rangers in the late 90's. And he's definitely been effective against lefties in relief. But are we really paying 3+ mil for, essentially, a LOOGY?

Does this mean they're really serious about moving CJ to the rotation? And if that's the case, are you moving a couple people out? Because right now you could say the rotation is a bit crowded.

I just don't understand.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't pigeon-hole Oliver as a LOOGY. He's been pretty effective against all hitters out of the Angel pen. I just don't understand putting money toward the bullpen when you're this cash strapped. There must be a trade coming.
I heard the news this morning and thought that maybe he was signed on the cheap as a flyer...but if what your sayings $3+ Mil is true...I don't get it.

Soon we'll see what type of team is shaping up on the field and see if they are ready to take that next step, and go for 95 wins and a Division Championship?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote