View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #33
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Didn't you post the same exact thread about a year ago? And surprisingly it's going about as well as it did then.

Time to give up maybe?
Try two years ago....and why the hell would i give up? The mavericks on court performance has proven me correct.

In the two seasons Jason Kidd has been on this team we've won 51 and 50 games and both seasons had to wait until the final week to make the playoffs.

Those two in totals have been our worst seasons since Cuban bought the team.

I was under the impression that we brought Kidd in here to be a championship calibur team and not a 6th and 7 seeded team.

Its my opinion that Jason Kidd is not the type of point guard that can lead a really elite team and my proof is the mavericks play the past three seasons.

I know when we go out in the first or second round this year fingers will be pointed at every player on this team except Jason Kidd.

Quote:
This part makes me laugh. I guess your right, though, who needs their point guards to get stupid stats like rebounds and assists, right? Or steals, who the hell cares about those? All that matters is points, points, points!!!!! Yeah, not so much.
Yes. Points are most important. At the end of the day your job is to score more points than your opponent.
I could honestly care less that he gets a bunch of rebounds if he cant keep the defense honest with his scoring ability.

Kidd type of game only works when you have two or three elite scorers like Shaq and Kobe or even Gasol and Kobe.

On a team like ours which is one elite player and bunch of role players we cannot afford to have a point guard that cant score and is a poor perimeter defender.

All that chit you just mentioned is overated fluff if you cant score. Its even worse when it gets to crunch time because players from opposing teams dont really respect his offensive abilities.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote