View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #14
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if I love Brooking or the People's Choice more...This was absolutely glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjoBf...layer_embedded

Sweet article about Choice too:

Quote:
LINK
Posted by nickeatman at 12/28/2009 3:02 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com
After two straight wins, the Cowboys players spent a lot of Monday’s open locker room period answering questions to the recent turnaround.

Several of them spoke of an impromptu team meeting called by none other than second-year tailback Tashard Choice, the team’s third running back. Apparently, Choice had an emotional, heart-filled speech to his teammates on the Monday following the Cowboys’ 20-17 loss to the Chargers. Much of the speech centered around the health of DeMarcus Ware, who had suffered the scary neck injury the day before. And as far as Choice and the players were concerned, they weren’t sure when, or if, Ware would return.
“He felt like it was important enough to tell the team what he had on his heart and on his mind,” Marcus Spears said. “And we listened. We all left the meeting room and went about our business. What he said was important and we needed to hear that.”
Choice, who has one of the most popular videos on YouTube, displaying his leadership skills at Georgia Tech, is never lost for words. As a second-year pro, he was in the same draft class as cornerback Mike Jenkins, who admitted he could’ve had done what Choice did.
“I would’ve never done that. I would’ve felt like I’m still a young guy. for him to do that, it says a lot about him and especially to the vets for not correcting him or to say, ‘who are you to be telling us this.’ It just lets you know that everyone respects each other.”
To one established veteran, and one who likes to chirp himself, Patrick Crayton said he never has a problem with a player speaking his mind, regardless how many skins on the wall he might have.
“It was fine. Fine with me,” Crayton said. “If a guy feels like he has something to say to the team and he feels is important, I’m fine with it. And he’s earned that type of respect, that everyone knows how he’s going to play on Sunday, and what he’s going to give you.”

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote