Thread: Mavs vs. Lakers
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 01:50 AM   #246
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< The worst thing about this loss was that we thought the Lakers were in the Mavs' heads before. Now, you just hope the Mavs are able to exorcise the Laker demon. They had the chance to finally get over that hump that is the Lakers. But right as the neared the top of this mountain, we tumbled off a cliff. >>

Great way to put it. I wonder where the Laker fans are...I thought they'd be back in full force. Maybe they're too busy tipping cars and rioting in the street after the win. *sigh*

I've gone back and (painfully) am rewatching parts of the game. I just can't believe how they could play so well, and have it all come crashing down. I think the Laker's piss poor offensive game in the first half allowed us to become comfortable defensively because we didn't have to do much. We knew they'd probably miss.

Then came the 4th when their shots started to go and we didn't know how to react. The mavs went back to all they knew in these situations, they became passive hoping their offense would bail them out. Sacramento series anyone?

I'm hoping after a night's sleep I'll feel better and be able to watch them play golden state tomorrow. I normally love to surf around the internet reading articles about the latest mavs game...this time i think i'll pass.

Or have my barf bucket handy.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote