Thread: Mavs vs. Lakers
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 01:59 AM   #251
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< thats BS epitome, I normally agree with your realist take but thats BS.

<< n the end it became twice as big as it was before. >>

wtf is that? TWICE AS BIG? realize this was the CLOSEST the mavs have come to beating the lakers at Staples in a long time... they are getting closer and closer.. they still have one more game to play in LA...
>>

Actually I think the last game they played up there was a 2 pt win as well. A 3 by Horry won it (sound familiar?)

But again as what's been stated, it's not the fact that we lost, it's how. that was a pathetic effort in the 4th and I for one hope they remember it for the next game in LA. They better never ever let that happen to them again. It's really nothing you can simulate in practice. You lose confidence in the game when you give up that big of a lead and you lose your shot in the process.

After some thought, maybe it has been bad that the Mavs have blown out so many teams. Don't get me wrong it's comforting to the team and to the fans, but maybe that's the problem. They haven't really been challenged to make the 'big shot' in games this season, and maybe they just weren't ready to handle it yet but they'll get there. Like people have said disregarding our streak &amp; record, it's a long season. That's a long time for the Mavs to get it in gear and let's hope they do.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote