View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Some people will politicize anything, no matter how irrelevant or inappropriate.
Go figure, a person I ignored politicized an issue.

I'll have to give him credit though, he has an opinion...so for some reason, if you have an opinion it becomes politics.

As for me, I happen to believe that people are quite simply overreacting to the whole thing.

Heck, I laughed one time, as I was at a trade show in Vegas around 2003...and a few of the stands were giving out water guns...being as I worked with kids at home, in our church...I thought I'ld bring these Clear Plastic Water Guns home to give out to the kids and have water gun fights...only to have them confiscated at the airport by security. I laughed it off...they were toys for crying out loud...

The Arenas incident so far, I have only heard that he had Guns stored in his locker with NO Bullets around. He pulled on out, knowing it was empty and used it mockingly at another player. (Poor taste to do so, but nevertheless it was harmless)

At worst, they should confiscate his guns and let him know that this is not allowed at this facility.

Heck make him take another Gun Safety class, don't give him his guns back and move on.

Albeit, I'm not surprised at the rash of reactions against Arenas...we live in a society that is quick to cast stones...this is saddly amusing...best of wishes to those who are directly affected by the incident...to the rest of us, we are like a bunch of posterior holes...we each have an opinion and none of them smell to good
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote