View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #32
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

My issue is more with the "Public Nature" of this.

I'm in favor of keeping things in-house, and out of the court of public opinion.

If the Wizards who employ the two players involved decide to take action, then it become public. If the NBA decides to take action, then it becomes public.

But for this to become public and see the so-called self-righeous indignation trigger a reaction by the league...something is wrong with that picture.

Either have the guts to do something from the Wizards perspective or the League's perspective BEFORE it ever becomes a story.

The problem is that the League is reacting to public opinion and not the incident itself. Which shed's some light on the league and it's inability to do the right thing based on the individual Character of those leading the league.

In otherwords, they are punishing, because they fear that if they don't they will lose money...so at the end of the day, Stern is all about money and not about doing the right thing from the start.

Personally, I have stated what I would have done...given the information we have. Like I have said, what Arenas did was stupid, but I don't see the need to suspend him at this time. Take his guns away, get him through some additional training...use counseling to get his state of mind and see if he understands what he did and why it was wrong...as well as the other guy.

Thus the reason to keep this incident in house...now that it's out, it's no longer in the control of those personally involved and it gets blown way out of proportion.

There appears to be a lynch-mob mentality and all they want to do is crucify one guy as if he himself took down the twin towers.

Besides, isn't there some other issue that could impact the game even more...this argument was over some "Gambling" debt. Does the NBA want to be associated with it's own players and Gambling?

This appears to be an issue of nearly everyone, including myself...jumping to some quick conclussions and then going with the pack in terms of judging someone.

Do we see the same outrage when a player gets a DUI...or when anyone gets a DUI, do they get Fired on the spot? They too could have easily killed someone...what about the bartender who served up the drink...should they be fired because a guest got a DUI...their action could have resulted in someone getting killed?

Most of us here, if not all of us here, have NO influence on this issue...let alone any personal involvement...so why are we so quick to judge and sentence someone?

Then again, it is our right to simply have an opinion and for others to agree or disagree...that my friends is the beauty of posting on message boards.

Oh and by the way, comparing an NBA Locker room to the workplace that you and I enjoy, is two totally different worlds and most of us, have trouble understanding the differences.

Have a great day young friends.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote