View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #36
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
But this frustrates me. And really I guess I should be frustrated at Carlisle, not Cubes. Carlisle plays Gooden and sits Humphries no matter the matchup, no matter how either is playing. For some inexplicable reason, Gooden is depended on and Humphries is not, even though Gooden has been quite bad when taking the whole season into account.
Watching the games, I've gotten frustrated a few times this season when Gooden was playing poorly because I felt like Humphries could have been given a chance to contribute. But the reality is, bench players (which both of them are) are inconsistent. And if you have to choose one of them to be your backup 5, I think Gooden is the better bet. He's got more offensive skill, and he's the better rebounder and defender of the two. Sure, he's a bonehead, but that's why he's on the bench.

None of this changes what I've said repeatedly (and I believe you agree): this team needs another center to seriously contend in the playoffs. Nobody fancy, just somebody who could give 15 mpg and who has the size to defend the rim and larger centers. I think Gooden does just fine against teams that don't have big centers (like Denver, Phoenix, San Antonio). It's the teams like the Lakers and Cavs that scare me if we don't have some more bulk.