View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 04:49 AM   #28
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
So what, he should turn them down?
G*ddamn right he should. If he didn't want to leave the Tonight Show, then he should've stayed there in the first place.

The people at NBC are damn morons. It takes years to build a large audience in that format. Conan's ratings at Late Night were absolutely horrific until his fourth season, and then they skyrocketed. Also, to my understanding, Conan's ratings are significantly better than Leno's were during his first year (just going by hearsay, not looking them up.) You don't just pull the plug after seven months.

Quote:
It's competition. It's a business. He should do what he can, and in this case all he's doing is what's being handed to him. I think Jay Leno is a douche, but to say that he shouldn't compete...that he should just lay down...that's not the way this world works. It's capitalism, and it's beautiful. If folks want Conan to succeed, they need to buy what he's selling, and I'm sure they will once he lands somewhere else.
My ass. If Conan were as classless as Leno, he could f*ck Jimmy Fallon over the way Leno is doing to him, and take his Late Night gig back. But he's better than that. Capitalism and competition are fine, but morals and ethics have their place too. There's right and wrong, and what NBC is doing to Conan is just plain wrong (not to mention stupid).

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-17-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote