View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #57
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I wouldn't put to much stock into what Cuban says because I still remember him sayin the Mavs weren't interested in Jason Kidd or Shawn Marion and both guys are Mavs now, I remember saying I wasn't gonna get excited about the Mavs untill they won a Playoff series and they did last season but it's hard to get my hops up about them this season.

Dirk is not 25 years old anymore to carry this team on his back every game but Cuban thinks Dirk still can, it's hurt seeing the Lakers and Cavs getting players to help Kobe and Lebron and the Mavs getting players well past there prime to help Dirk, the Mavs are made some good deal but I remember when they would get steals in trades like Nick Van Exel or Antawn Jamison but since Don Nelson let the doesn't happen anymore.
This is exactly what Cuban is thinking and it's not going to happen any more. I mean, I look at Duncan, Pop is limiting him to 32. Sure Duncan's got 2 years on him, but Duncan has a reliable 2nd guy in Parker to alleviate some of the pressure for the past couple of seasons. Dirk has had no one, Jet, but, come on, Parker's now their leading scorer. I think we're riding Dirk into the ground, where he'll have games like Portland and Phoenix, the constant tripling even without the ball is wearing on him. Plus Cuban's got to start thinking post Dirk now, rather than after Dirk's done. Combine the 2 talents, maybe he's relying on the DUST Chip as the first key piece to his post Dirk era.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote