View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #2115
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
NCFOM is one of my favorite films. And I never complined about it winning the Oscar, I just didn't get it the first time I saw it, partially because the theater I saw it in had crappy sound and crappy soundproofing. Partially because it is a movie you need to see more than once.

And If you didn't see the slanted message at the end of Hurt Locker you were to caught up in the explosions. "The 'Good Soldiers' don't want to be here. Only the psycho's with personality issues, want to be in Iraq." "Good people still hate the war even if they are soldiers, and if you like being a soldier, it's because you are an adrenaline junkie who can't even function in society."
NO NO NO, sir! Not even close to the message (if there really was an intended message). There are men in this world who are psychologically molded to handle "war". Just like there are men cut out to be mathematicians, neurosurgeons, ....., whatever (comedian?). This was a simple case of a man with a gift and a little bit of luck! The movie was about EID's.. Its not that complicated.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote