View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #2121
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
NO NO NO, sir! Not even close to the message (if there really was an intended message). There are men in this world who are psychologically molded to handle "war". Just like there are men cut out to be mathematicians, neurosurgeons, ....., whatever (comedian?). This was a simple case of a man with a gift and a little bit of luck! The movie was about EID's.. Its not that complicated.
Really? Because I seem to recall that the men "cut out to be in war" were all portrayed as over the top aggressive type-a dickheads. Ever met a real soldier who's been in a war who acted like that? "I can't wait to get back over there, because I can't handle having a wife and kids." The idea that the U.S. soldier somehow gets off on being in harms way is a real disservice to anyone who ever served. "Meet America's new soldier, when he isn't defusing bombs with his teeth, he goes bungee jumping into live volcanoes. eXtreeme!!!! X-Games!!!! ARMY! NAVY! BUDWEISER!!!!"

Like I said the movie started off well, but by the end the flaws of having someone who already has their mind made up about the military, tell a story about the military, shined through. The movie was about EIDs but shifted into a cometary about the mental make up of the U.S. soldier, something Hollywood needs to leave alone. When did we start accepting that Hollywood knows more about the troops than the people who live with and are close to real-life soldiers?

Also.... Why when ever anyone disagrees with me on this board, the fall back argument always includes some dig at me over the fact I spent 6 years chasing a dream? (for a comedian????yeah right, jerkoff?????? you sure aren't funny, Amirite!!!!!!!!!111oneone11!!!) I could turn that around pretty easily. For a computer programmer???, you sure don't use binary very well! For a basement dweller???? you sure aren't pimply and overweight!
In fact, Your user name is ShaggyDirk, I question whether you are either shaggy or a Dirk.