View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #23
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
OL first round unless BPA is a heck of a value pick. I could also see a dominant NT being picked up in the first to shift Ratliff over to Spears' spot, as you hinted at.
If Free and Brewster (3rd rounder last year-torn pec) can play, and Flo and Columbo are back....where are you going to put a 1st round OL? Tackes really are the only OL that rate 1st round. Not sure what their thinking is on the current group or if they think they could draft someone that would start right now.

Seems like most really good inside players (guard, centers) are 2nd and lower.

Jerry hates drafting a WR in the first because they are such a high bust rate.
(PS: I despise Texas -- but Jordan Shipley late in the 2nd or 3rd would be sweet)

That leaves safety --- if the best safety prospect falls down in the 20's where Dallas drafts?

I think they should build the board, and draft from it, but how the board is set up is a huge subject. BPA - Need - Injury Concerns - Talent they played against - Smarts - Production - Off Field issues/Background, IMO all need to be figured in to the board.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote