View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #138
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Don't really contribute to these threads because frankly I'm in over my head. I watch the show and come here for the ties to S2 E6 that I missed. I still enjoy reading since it increases my appreciation for the show and that says a lot because love it anyway.

That being said I thought the whole "I have one thing to tell you...(I'm dead)"..."nooooooo" nature of Juliet's death was really cliché. Just didn’t like the way they handled it.

I also have a question that I haven't seen addressed. Why would Hurley have been lucky instead of cursed in the alternate reality? The plane not going down wouldn’t have affected anything that that happened in the pre-crash flashbacks would it? Was it supposed to be a bizarro alternate reality? And did we see this anywhere else? Was Rose comforting Jack instead of the other way around? It seemed like it but I don't I watch close enough (or often enough) to know for sure.

It could be that the explosion itself changed pre-crash reality.

Maybe Hurley never meets the guy that gives him the "numbers", and therefore never encounters all the bad luck. Maybe its just a miraculous coincidence that he won the lottery in the alternate time line.

Another example is Desmond. He couldn't have crashed on the island because the island is underwater now.

I don't know what would've happened that would've changed the Rose/Jack convo.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-03-2010 at 02:54 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote