View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #203
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I assume Butler doesn't fit that criteria because you don't consider him a perimeter player? I certainly consider him a creator and finisher, as he's historically been a good passer.

The issue for me comes at the defensive end, but at least you already have two very flexible wing defenders in Marion and Kidd. I dunno, maybe it could work. I have my doubts.

I would certainly much, much, much rather have Martin. But I really don't think the Kings are moving Martin for pure salary relief. Heck they didn't even go after pure salary relief last year when they traded Miller and Salmons.

I don't really hold out much hope on the Martin front, at this point.
I don't hold out much hope for Martin, either.

As for defense, why are we talking about Marion and Kidd? It's more like Terry and Kidd, at least down the stretch. You need somebody out there who can replace Terry. I don't have illusions that Martin is a good defender, but at least he has size. Terry kills you on defense. Kills you. His inability to guard anybody or even help adequately in the team defensive scheme breaks the entire defense down. Until and unless you acquire somebody that will effectively put Terry on the bench down the stretch, this team is in trouble.