View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #205
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, my assumption is that if the Mavs are acquiring Butler it's to play him with Marion and Kidd. If they're not then I don't really see the point.

I was pondering on how the Mavs could find a way to make that work. And I think they probably could in some match ups. Marion is quick enough to guard shooting guards, so maybe he plays the role of shooting guard on defense, allowing Caron to guard small forwards.
IF they're going to do this, then the idea of Butler makes a bit more sense. With Kidd, Marion, and Butler on the perimeter, you'd only have trouble with really quick PGs, which leads you back to a solid team defensive scheme and a C in the middle to protect the rim. Speaking of which, if you had a Dampier/Haywood combo, I think you could protect the rim most of the time.

One other thing on Butler. Do you think this is all a moot discussion in light of the Yahoo rumor that has him going to Houston?