View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think we're good waiting for the off-season with the DUST chip.

In fact, the more other teams become Free Agent signing threats (New York, Miami, etc.), the better our chances of capitalizing on the DUST chip. Bottom line is we don't make any significant S&T without the legit possibility that Sammy walks away this off-season leaving his team with nothing.

It would go something like this:

Team GM:
"So Sammy, I can see you're serious about leaving us for New York but before you do, let's talk about maybe working a possible S&T with Dallas. You would get much more money for more years this way, you would go to a championship contending team in a good market with Jason Kidd, Dirk, Butler, Marion etc., and you would help us out, your former franchise and family, by allowing us to get some picks or prospects in return. What do you say?"

Sammy:
"More money for more years, compete for a championship with a talented group, good market, and I help you out in the process? Sure thing, let's get this thing done!"

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 02-16-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote