View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #66
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so maybe I'm just bored, but I still think we need to somehow take advantage of the Knicks (I mean, Houston obviously did, getting their most recent #1 pick in Hill, their 2012 first-rounder, and the right to swap 2011 first-rounders).

If I'm Donnie, I pick up the phone as soon as trades are allowed again, and I offer Carroll, Stevenson, and a S&T vet minimum (Thomas?) for Eddy Curry and a pick or two (even second-rounders since that's about all they have). Why? The Knicks gain $2MM more in cap room, which might come in handy for them. The Mavs actually SAVE $4.5 million over the life of all the deals ($9MM if you include Luxury Tax), reduce longer-term (2011+) salary obligations, and gain a potentially valuable trade piece for next year's deadline in Curry's $11MM expiring contract.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote