View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Marion is perfect for this team. I'd rather have Marion put up 2pts, 7reb, 1blk and innumerable deflections while playing defense than Jamison coming in and providing lots of O, but no defense whatsoever.

Plus (and this isn't a contrast with Jamison) Marion does 99% of his work without the ball. With Dirk, Kidd, Butler, Terry and others out there we don't need a guy that needs the ball. Having a guy that can be productive without the ball is more important than having another guy that can produce but needs the ball to do so.

As for the missed layups-- I think they will start to fall. I'd rather him flip up a shot from 4-6 feet on a broken play than have 70% of the players on the team take a midrange jumper. Even if his FG% is low so far, I'd take his 5 foot attempt over many players' jumper any day of the week.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote