View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #40
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I think you could have gotten more for Landry + TMAC. Martin is imo a very good second option but I don't think of him as a super star he is ok defensively. Certainly this will help Ariza a ton as he was forcing a lot of bad shots and he is best as a role player. Houston does have some nice pieces for a S + T but I think their biggest piece just landed in Sacremento. To be honest I think you guys over paid for Martin by getting a horrible Jeffries contract, giving up Landry, and T MAC.
What more could we have gotten? Examples?

The best offer on the table for T-Mac was the NY one. The Jeffries contract was bad to take on, but we got Hill and pick considerations to take on that contract, which is technically an expiring contract next season (that's a good thing). The only way that hurts the team is that it makes the owner pay lux tax.

What SG better than Martin could we have brought in this summer with our limited cap space, or what better SG could we have traded Landry for?
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote