View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #149
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
and now your trying to say youve been a mavs fan for 20 years or so and this is possibly the BEST mavs team in history and you still doubt them!? what a true fan you are!!
You seem to be confused about what a fan is. Being a fan means you want a particular team to win. It doesn't necessarily mean you think your team is going to win. I want the Mavs to win the title. I just don't think it's going to happen this year.

Historically, I've given the Mavs much more credit than most of people, even fellow fans. I remember in 04-05, I predicted 55 wins and some people, Mavs fans included, straight up laughed at me. They weren't laughing too hard when they ended up winning 58 games. The next year, a lot of people, Mavs fans included, said that the Spurs were all but unbeatable and that the Mavs would never be able to compete for the title until Duncan retired. They also laughed at me when I predicted that the Mavs would win the title that year. They weren't laughing too hard when the Mavs went to the finals.

The point is, I'm a realist and I call it like I see it. That has nothing to do with how much I do or don't root for a team or want them to win.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote