View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #306
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

dude1394;1072362
Quote:
I actually think JJB is stinking it up right now but he's not a turnover machine like roddy was last night and that just cannot be tolerated. I believe that fans who think RC should just roll with it and possibly lose games because of it are being silly. This is some serious stuff and to rail on RC because he's treating it that way doesn't make sense to me.

I get that there are some folks that rail RC and I do not agree with it, he's a good coach. The ones who actually know what they are talking about aren't the ones who hammer Carlisle. On the same token, no one is perfect and that includes Rick. There is really only one complaint from me. Roddy had some turnovers last night but JJB missed a few easy or close buckets and it lead to a fast break once if I recall correctly. Missing those shots can be the same as a turnover in some cases while you at least had a chance at a bucket, unlike a turnover, you didn't finish the high % chance and that hurts.

Quote:
So fans are screaming that RC is killing jkiddo, but he doesn't have much choice at the moment. He's trying to get one of those guys (roddy or jjb) to break out and stop screwing up. He put roddy in over jjb and he screwed it up. then put jjb in and he screws it up, so he goes back to jkiddo.
This was last night for sure, I see why he did it last night. But he has had plenty of games where it was totally logical and not down the key stretch of a game to put in Rod and let him gain that experience from the minutes.

Quote:
But a lot of fans do not see why he has to do this and just rail on him for mistreating the rookie. Some things you just have to roll with until they either fix themselves or you are forced to do something about it.

JJB was not playing poorly early this year, he was quite good and now he's not. There actually is more likelyhood that jjb will go back to playing well than roddy actually being more consistent as the games get even bigger.

JJb wasn't playing this bad early in the season, you're right. IT may also be true that he has more of a chance to go back to being useable than Roddy coming out. I think a lot of this is once again because RC didn't maximize the opportunity with Rod. The chance for him this season is nearly all but gone unless we start to blast some teams and Rod makes the most of what he get on the court. Now behind closed doors at practice, he may be screwing up left and right ya never know.

Roddy shoots the ball better, FG and 3pt% and he looks to have less turnovers too (per game), so while JJb has more experience and has been around longer he isn't showing it in games.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-25-2010 at 12:13 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote