View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #178
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Outside of tort reform, which surely we are in dire need of, these two ideas I've heard make a lot of sense to me:

1) More readily license people to practice medicine. My guess is that a good nursing school education is more than enough to handle a quite significant amount of what passes for health care these days.

2) Instead of giving people insurance that they can use (and if they wish, abuse) all they want, just give them some money instead. Let them use it for health care or put it in their pocket, their choice. My guess is that demand for services would go way down.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote