Thread: Michael Finley?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #53
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Screw Finley. Let him rot on someone else's bench. First he stabs the Mavs in the back, then he quits on the franchise that gave him a championship now that they're not the clear favorite. My guess is he'll try to ride some other championship aspiring team's coat tail to make himself feel relevant again.
Whoa. I can't believe Mavs fans feel like this toward a former Mav like Finley. Especially what he did for this franchise. HE never stabbed the Mavs in the back. He got cut. And he didn't gripe about it one bit. He went to the Spurs because they showed interest in him and he had a chance at a title. At the end of the day he has to look out for himself.

And btw, he wanted to get cut because he wasn't getting playing time. The Spurs weren't favored last year either but he was getting PT. He's at the end of his career. If he feels he can still contribute to a contender I say go for it. He contributed to those Spurs teams earlier in his career there. Especially the championship year. Didn't he hit like 9 3's against the Nuggets in one of those series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
wow. playing behind marquis daniels.
If that's the only person stopping him from getting PT picking the Celtics was a good pick on his part. He'll have a chance at PT. Probably there to play the Eddie House role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Good point but he does suck now and couldn't accept being on the Spurs since they weren't contenders this year. I could do without him.
Any team with Duncan, Ginobilli and Parker on it is a contender. They're going to get in the post season. I think he was more upset the fact that he wasn't even getting suited up. No pt. Mavs don't need him but I don't blame Finley for wanting to give it one last go.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote