View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #33
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Our kryptonite has always been extremely fast and aggressive point guards who can drive with insane amounts of speed and also have range.

Examples:

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Tony Parker*

* = since we have pretty favorable match ups at all other positions, Tony Parker isn't a huge issue. In last years playoffs, he scored a lot, but the rest of the team couldn't really contribute.

Anyway, the problem comes when the quick guard has some help around him ... like Deron Williams with Boozer, Okur, Kirilenko, etc.

Being realistic ... I think the west will end up being exactly the same way as it is right now.

Lakers
Mavs
Nuggets
Jazz
Suns
Thunder
Spurs
Trailblazers

I actually like our odds playing the Spurs and then the Nuggets. Whether the Nuggets get the Thunder or the Suns, I am sure both of those series will be tiring. It will not be like the New Orleans series of last year. The Spurs, for us, will be like last year. They have Ginobili this time, but he has lost a step. Parker is out for six weeks with a hand injury. Duncan is old ... etc.

Against the Nuggets ... assuming they are healthy, I think we have pretty favorable match ups this time around. Both Marion and Butler can guard Anthony. Kidd is just as crafty as Billups. Haywood will be a much better match against Nene than Damp is. I think we have a great chance this time around.

So ... Spurs ... then Nuggets ... then we'll have to play the Lakers, and then while I'd love for us to play Cleveland, I'd much rather play Orlando.
Sounds good for me. First the Spurs, then Denver or the Thunder (the winner will be tired I assume) and the Lakers in the Finals. I think that the Jazz could LA serious problems in the 2nd round, respectively at least some fits. IF we reach the finals, I would rather prefer Orlando than Cleveland. LBJ will have a parade at the charity stripe. Okay, probably Dwight as well, but he's a lousy free throw shooter.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 03-08-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote