View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #34
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Here we go, round and round.

1) GS is #14 in the West? Again, I don't see a team that would do this.
2) If you want to throw in Noah, throw in Damp/Haywood and we kill 'em while playing big.
3) Dirk has some serious post moves. Troll.

Who is going to FORCE playing small ball on us? The first time we played it, it was our own idea as a gimmick in Atlanta and it worked. Now we're doing out of necessity due to injuries. I can't think of any playoff team that's just going to rip their own centers out of the game, force our centers out because of it, then beat us to death with midget ball anyway.

Oh wait, we have Dirk. Ah crap, then I guess it's GS all over again.
1. Did you listen to my point? I just said I didn't see it happening. You need to listen before typing.
2. Yes we would kill Chicago with that lineup but it still doesn't say anything that we could succeed in the playoffs without them if somehow a team was using small ball.
3. Low post moves? When do you see Dirk back his way to the basket? They are all midrange shots. He is best at exploiting slower players or players that fall for the pump fake too easily. Which he can totally dominate that way but putting SF's is not going to make it easier for Dirk due to them usually being more athletic. T-Mac, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, Sean Marion, Bruce Bowen, James Posey, and etc. have had success in the playoffs against Dirk. Without Dirk, we are going nowhere. That's what makes us vulnverable to small ball. Pressuring Dirk more and causing matchup problems on the other side is the best way to go. I'm just calling like it is based on history. History can be the biggest troll. lol
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote