View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #27
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Real Mavs fans deny that Dirk ever struggled in the playoffs? And of course your total stats look better in the playoffs as you get more minutes. 04-05 Dirk shot 40.2% in 13 games. In 06-07 Dirk shot 38.3% in 5 games. Dirk did do well in 05-06 and 08-09 but I remember him struggling against Miami the whole series. Which would've won us a title if he played up to his statndards. He lit up Miami in the regular season I remember to. I don't want to be annoyingly blunt so I thought it was better said on spurstalk than here. But Cadbane wanted to start trouble.

Career playoff averages:

25.7 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 2.7 APG

He's one of FIVE NBA players to average 25 and 10 in the playoffs. Here's the list:

Shaq
Hakeem
Wilt
Baylor
Dirk

No McHale, Russell, Jabbar, Garnett, Bird, Pippen, Johnson, Ewing, Duncan, Robinson, Barkley, Malone, etc, etc.
================================================== ==============================

Dirk's career playoff averages (in 87 games, basically an NBA season) is higher than his regular season averages. So he plays better in the playoffs against the tougher competition. He rebounds mores, he scores more, he passes and blocks more. His FG%, 3P%, FT% is almost identical.

Regular season career averages:

22.9 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.8 APG, 1 BPG

Playoff career averages:

25.7 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 2.7 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.5 BPG
================================================== ==============================

Dirk's teams are undefeated in double elimination games.

4-0 in Game 7 of a 7-game series
1-0 in Game 5 of a 5-game series

I'm so sick of Dirk being labeled as a choker, or non-performer in the playoffs. It's sickening that after everything this guy has accomplished people (including some Mavs fans apparently) still label him as such. Dirk is the greatest thing to ever happen to this franchise. For you to use a blanket statement that he "chokes under pressure" is a complete fallacy and is ignorant to what he's done as a Mav IN big spots.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 03-18-2010 at 06:22 AM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote