View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #31
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm temporarily lifting my embargo against responding to terrible posters here:

You have absolutely no freaking clue what you are talking about. No one ever said Dirk hasn't struggled in the playoffs. But struggling at times does not make you streaky. You can cherry pick Miami if you want, but the reality is that Dirk carried an inferior team past both the Spurs and the Suns that year. He's one of the best playoff performers of all time, and to say that he chokes under pressure shows a complete lack of comprehension for the game of basketball and a complete lack of knowledge of the historical context of the NBA.

But what else should anyone expect from you, really?
Having a few bad playoff series does make you streaky. It's alright to have a bad game here and then but you usually bounce back the next game. That's what Jordan and Kobe did. I mentioned 3 playoff series where he shot poorly. Dirk's had times in the playoffs where he was remarkable. Expectations are high on him due to being our franchise players. This team sure won a lot in the regular season to be considered inferior. Suns were without Amare Stoudemire. Dirk's best ever playoff moments were against the Spurs for sure. We all got our tunnel vision on how the playoffs were really like. I don't think it is fair for you to criticize my knowledge for seeing it differently than you.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote