View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #505
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
EW.com....

I think we might be digging too hard here.

And the question still stands: How else do we explain Ben and his father being alive in the sideways flashes?

I am not married to my point of view at all, actually. With this show, I can't afford to be, but if the sideways flashes are indeed NOT a series of events that diverged from the original time line at the moment of the jughead explosion, then what are they?

Maybe that's the big mystery of the season. If they are, then why are they misleading us?
I don't think I'm digging too hard at all. These are things which screamed out to me as I first saw them.

Ben and his father may be alive in the sideways flashes because it's not Jughead that created the alternate timestream, but something earlier than that, something which we don't know about yet, so that (a) Ben and Roger would have left before the bomb ever went off, or (b) the bomb doesn't go off at all.

The problem comes with assuming that it's Jughead's detonation which created the alternate timestream, and I don't see any reason that we have to believe that.