View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #507
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I don't think I'm digging too hard at all. These are things which screamed out to me as I first saw them.

Ben and his father may be alive in the sideways flashes because it's not Jughead that created the alternate timestream, but something earlier than that, something which we don't know about yet, so that (a) Ben and Roger would have left before the bomb ever went off, or (b) the bomb doesn't go off at all.

The problem comes with assuming that it's Jughead's detonation which created the alternate timestream, and I don't see any reason that we have to believe that.
So, to sum up....

There's the original timeline that we all know exists. We know that the bomb exploding was not a part of this original timeline (the island would have been severely damaged and several characters dead, etc)

There is, of course, a second timeline where the bomb exploded. The bomb DID explode. We all know that to be fact. The producers have confirmed it. But you think that this scenario is NOT the one being depicted in the flash sideways.

You're suggesting the possibility of a third timeline, created at unknown time between the barracks being built and the bomb exploding, and it's the one being presented to us.

LOST is the most convoluted show in network tv history, and that's why I love it. If any of this is true, that's fine, I'm totally game. I just have a hard time seeing ABC rolling with this. It's too much on top of what is already too much with Jacob and MIB and the candidates and what not.

The only way I see the flash sideways NOT being the timeline created when Jughead exploded is if it is in fact the end game that they will have achieved by the end of season six. Like...if the flash sideways is a preview of the happily ever after.(err...does that make sense?)