View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #509
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
So, to sum up....

There's the original timeline that we all know exists. We know that the bomb exploding was not a part of this original timeline (the island would have been severely damaged and several characters dead, etc)

There is, of course, a second timeline where the bomb exploded. The bomb DID explode. We all know that to be fact. The producers have confirmed it. But you think that this scenario is NOT the one being depicted in the flash sideways.

You're suggesting the possibility of a third timeline, created at unknown time between the barracks being built and the bomb exploding, and it's the one being presented to us.

LOST is the most convoluted show in network tv history, and that's why I love it. If any of this is true, that's fine, I'm totally game. I just have a hard time seeing ABC rolling with this. It's too much on top of what is already too much with Jacob and MIB and the candidates and what not.

The only way I see the flash sideways NOT being the timeline created when Jughead exploded is if it is in fact the end game that they will have achieved by the end of season six. Like...if the flash sideways is a preview of the happily ever after.(err...does that make sense?)
In reading the quote from the producer that you quoted, I didn't get the sense that he was confirming that Jughead even exploded. It looked like a complete runaround of the question, answering it with more questions. I don't read the producers, so if they've definitely said that Jughead exploded, then fine.

And again, I'm not necessarily saying that there's a "third" timeline. I'm saying that if there's not, then there seem to be some continuity errors based on the cosmology and teliology they're presenting us with.

Your last paragraph, I think is a real possibility. When I say that we may not be seeing what we think we're seeing, I think that something like that -- something that will only make sense in the final episode -- is a possibility.