View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 12:39 AM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I picked the Mavs related quotes from the
slam link Hoopsmeister posted.
And some others that I liked. Here you go:

"I thought I'd try it. What the heck, I don't know what I'm going to do...It's not complicated. It grows if you just let it. You don't really have to 'come up with' (the idea)." -- Don Nelson, on his new mustache.

"It would be good to have him, but we're not going to miss him. We'll find the two or three points from somewhere else." -- Michael Finley, on losing Wang Zhi Zhi to the Clips.

"If you can't score on Wang Zhizhi, you should retire." -- Don Nelson, on his advice to Dan Majerle.

"Do what you need to do. But just be forewarned that if you're going to fuck with me, I'll fuck right back." -- Mark Cuban, to a reporter from D Magazine in Dallas.

"Do I have a lot of confidence in him? No." -- Don Nelson, on Shawn Bradley.

"He's not as tall as me. If he's 7-6, then I'm 7-10." -- Shawn Bradley, on Yao Ming.

"Now I know I'm not the skinniest player in the NBA." -- Yao Ming, on Shawn Bradley.

"No, we smoked it all up." -- Rasheed Wallace, to the police officer that pulled him over, when he was asked if there was any more marijuana in the car.

"You know what? It's just one of those things." -- Damon Stoudamire, on being charged with possession of a pound of marijuana.

"This sucks, we're out of here." -- Vladimir Radmanovic, to Brent Barry, 30 minutes into a Bruce Springsteen concert, after Barry took him, Peja Drobnjak and Vitaly Potapenko to the show.

"IN HINDU CULTURE, THE ELEPHANT IS TALL, REGAL, MAJESTIC, STRONG, POWERFUL AND ENIGMATIC. A HINDU PROVERB STATES THAT WHEN AN ELEPHANT IS DOWN EVEN A FROG WILL KICK HIM. ISN'T THAT RIGHT, PLASCHKE?" -- Shaquille O'Neal, in a message written on a piece of paper that he wore taped to his jersey at Lakers practice yesterday, referring to a column in the LA Times by Bill Plaschke saying that Shaq needed to be held accountable for throwing a punch at Brad Miller.

"Curling [the winter olympic 'sport'] ain't nothing but dusting...I want my Grandma to get off her old behind and get her an Olympic medal to go with my two medals. She can dust." -- Charles Barkley.

"Hi, Pacers fans, my name is Ron Artest. I'm from the housing projects of Queens, New York. I play tough defense and every night I feel I'm the best." -- Ron Artest, in his diary on Pacers.com.

"Do I expect to be here? If I'm here I'm here. If I'm not I'll be wherever I am. I'm not a prophet. So I really don't know. The Lord hasn't given me any signs or hints of not being here." -- Charlie Ward, Knicks zealot (as always, the words of Ward are in red, like Jesus).

"I'm not trading Vince Carter. That is, unless he suffers a career-ending injury. Then he would be available." -- Glen Grunwald, Raptors GM.

"The kids still look up to me; they will always look up to me." -- Glenn Robinson, after being arrested for menacing his ex-girlfriend.

"It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?" -- Allen Iverson.

"With the way the economy is, there are a lot of people trying not to lose $20 million." -- Antoine Walker, on why the Celts couldn't re-sign Rodney Rogers.

"It feels pretty good. I had Doug Christie's wife massage it for me." -- Shaq, on his sore toe.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote