Thread: Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
In all seriousness, I have been to Vegas several times now and I found that I enjoyed my stay downtown in the Golden Nugget better than on the strip. We went to SEVERAL shows, (mostly comedy), and had a lot of fun doing that. I don't know if he is still there but Rodney Carrington is a funny dude live. I have been told the BMG is good but I didn't check them out. Mainly my trips have been to gamble and Golden Nugget had some awesome black jack tables right by the pool that offered great views. Why don't you tell us what kind of gambling you are looking to do as recommendations could be easier then. Also, what kind of entertainment are you looking for? Comedy, Drama, "I just turned 21 and want to see boobs", etc...?
I also like staying downtown at the Nugget better than staying on the strip. But I must admit, I am much older than most on this board, and some of the wilder times are just not on my agenda. If you are married, it does give the little lady a chance to do something besides just sitting at a slot (and sometimes shopping is even cheaper than her gambling ).

They used to have a neat light show downtown. And it is not hard to get to the strip. Walking the strip is really not as easy as you think as there is great distances between some of the hotels, but I guess with the monorail being complete that doesn't matter anymore.

Just rest assured you will have one the best times of your life no matter where you stay. Have fun!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote