View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #264
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Have your rates been unchanged for a good long while before now?

Actually this is the first rate hike since I've been with this company...2 years.

HR stated that it's the first major hike in over 5 years...they've had them before but at about 1-3 point increase.

Personally I feel as though it's a bit of a panic move out of fear of what is coming from the government. It sucks, but no doubt it's the Government control taking over causing insurance companies to make adjustments while they still can.

So instead of a Government tax to the middle class, it's simply a cost that is going up to the middle class.

All I want is for the Government to First STOP infiltrating the private sector and 2nd to get out of what they have now gotten into.

Allow the people to succeed or fail on their own...as long as the government gets involved its guaranteed to fail!!! At least with free competition, there's a fighting chance that success will happen for some if not most.

Contrary to Democrat belief, one size does NOT fit all...and with government take over, the only choice we wind up with is ONE SIZE.

Do I have empathy for the have nots, you betcha. Heck, I've been there and at times I am there. I've been under the EIC line for taxes back in the day. Even spent time there while serving in the Army and raising a family. But we survived and figured out a way to enjoy life.

Even survived for a few years without insurance...heck my kids were born without insurance...guess what, they survived and are now doing well as young adults.

There have been some struggles along the way, mainly due to my own stupid choices and I paid some severe consequences...no bail outs for me, I had to learn to manage and dig my way out. I have and am still digging my way out, but I continue to see a government who keeps taking and taking and taking...it's getting to the breaking point.

I was tithing over 10%, but now my income has dropped nearly 40% and my tax has actually gone UP!!! My tithe is now way below where I want it, but I have very little left to thin out. Now Ins is going up...

F***ing Democrats...cut the sharades and simply tell the world that you don't like certain people succeeding...Your prejudiced against independent success and your blind to the humanitarian that those successful people actually provide, simply because those people actually believe in the success of others and it violate your ambition to control others....

Apologies for the rant, but I'm sick and tired of this agenda from the left being forced down our throats!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote