View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #33
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Stealing is Fun!

They were ridiculously lethargic up until the 4 minute mark in the 4th quarter. When they were down 11 and went with the 3 guard lineup, they started to make a push. It was funny, I was telling myself if they had another 5-7 minutes they'd probably win the game...they luckily got that with overtime.
One of the most significant things about the Denver win, in my opinion, was that the Mavs won that game according to Plan A. They were able to play big, and yet still be athletic enough to match up with and overpower Denver.

Most of the time, the Mavs have had to steal wins by going small and/or playing zone defense because Plan A never works. This is one of my bigger concerns because I have my doubts whether this gimmicky stuff will work in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
That's not really true. Overall, I think Haywood has a relatively good BBall IQ and in this instance it just depends on who the coach is for your end of game theory in that spot. Some coaches don't believe in fouling, "it's a cop out, just play defense." Then you have some coaches who don't wanna take the chance, just use your asset (great FT shooting) and take away their potential saving shot.

He fouled before anything had a chance to develop, you never know what can happen...better to be safe than sorry.
Carlisle originally didn't like to foul, but we kept getting burned with threes early in the year. So now he's changed his mentality and the Mavs now try to prevent the opponent even thinking about a three.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 03-31-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote