View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #395
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Chum, please enlighten me.

Like I said, JJB shot GREAT. With that kind of shooting, it's a good game, regardless.

But here's the facts.

He had 2 turnovers and 1 assist. A lot of times JJB was dribbling into the lane and had absolutely no idea what he wanted to do. None. He would either dump it to Damp (who we know doesn't know what to do with it), or throw it back to the perimeter.

We had poor ball movement with JJB and no one was set-up.

Also, on defense, Kidd was forced to guard Carter. Carter just used Kidd. That's not really JJB's fault, but RC's for playing the 3 G lineup.

What do you disagree with?

JJB kept us in it with his shooting. But he isn't going to shoot that well most nights.
The reason you are becoming a caricature of yourself is this "chicken with its head cut off" and "no idea what to do" business. If you can't see him running our set plays, then you are just blind. If you can't see him getting penetration, then you are just blind. You can talk about his physical limitations on the defensive end all you like, and not be wrong about it, but if you see a guy on the offensive end who doesn't know what he is doing, then you are either doing a bit or you just simply don't know what's going on yourself. Barea is cashing an NBA paycheck because he's a cerebral player.

One of his turnovers should probably have been a blocking foul on Orlando, as you know. And if you will recall, that possession resulted from Barea's own steal. If he had a "bad floor game," I'd like to see a good one! Hell, he played off guard and stood around in the corner half the time anyway.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote