View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #11
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Ive been a Mavs fan for 8 years and Dirk's been a constant during these 8 years. If Dirk was traded in the 2nd year I would've still remained a Mavs fan and perhaps wouldn't have had as great an appreciation for Dirk as I do, now if Dirk was traded or retired I would still be a Mavs fan but I can't say there wouldn't be an emotional withdrawal from the franchise. I feel like this is just natural. If Dirk was traded to another team I would definitely have a rooting interest in that team as well. I wanna see the Mavs win a championship but would feel great joy to watch Dirk win a title as well, even if in a different uniform.

I don't think this makes me a bad or bandwagon fan, I really do (somewhat irrationally) feel pain when the Mavs lose and joy when the Mavs win. I really do root for them and try to watch every minute I can. Isn't that what being a fan is?

Last edited by ghazi; 04-04-2010 at 05:19 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote