View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I think it is funny for a different reason.

Too many hypocrites in America:

They are willing to stand behind their 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech -- as long as it doesn't cost them anything, but get all pissed off when someone else stands behind their 1st Amendment right. Of course they don't want to stand behind the second Amendment because the cowards would have to actually admit that the government is "by the people and of the people and supposedly FOR the people" and each individual is responsible for his or her own actions -- not the invisible "Government" who will save them from "everything - most importantly their own screwups".

Unfortunately Gun control really comes down to one thing -- who is responsible. I think I am responsible for the health and well being of my family and liberals think the Government is -- that way they have someone else to blame when something happens. It all comes down to lack of responsibility - which leads to hypocrisy.

Personally I don't need the government to provide healthcare, retirement, or anything else --- except what it was designed for "control of the military to keep other countries from deciding to take over". Don't get me wrong, I like the benefits of clean water, good food, etc that are federally programmed right now, but I believe that the state is the one that should be running it.

I will say this though Rib -- the masses are polarizing.
I can understand where you are coming from. I used to wax poetic on our "rights" until I discovered that there really aren't any; there are merely privileges. The same elements of control present today to those who have a discerning eye were present in the formation of the Republic. Our tax dollars are funneled to European banking interests, the policies of this government are formed outside of the political process, and the media who is supposedly here to illuminate the spectacle is now completely controlled by 6 corporate entities which engage in programming that appeals to the least conscious amongst us. They, in turn, act as replicants, spewing forth the memes and ideas of someone other than themselves.

The American political system is here for entertainment purposes, as it is with any representative form of government. How can one decry said system when the very act of participating in it is, by definition, an act of handing authority over to someone else?

Government appeals to man's base fears. And in so doing, it is imbued with flaws on a collective level. We want government to stop people from doing things that challenge our worldview, regardless of how limiting it may be.

Obama was being groomed for his current position years ago, by the same people who groomed Bush. The owners of this country understand the human psyche and wait until they see which way the overall sentiment of the proles is blowing, and then insert someone who can appeal to the fears of the majority, while still striking an image of control and power. It tends to be cyclical. We get someone who demonizes intellectuals when the owners of this country need treasure abroad, and we get someone who champions them when we need to recover from the cost of the previous war. At all times, however, a polarity is needed. If it weren't there, people might actually have to go about making decisions for themselves and be accountable for their actions. They might actually realize that we are all being screwed and that the political process is one big circle-jerk.

When I see someone firmly invested in the political dialectic, it's not funny to me. It's sad. And in the context of the OP's persona here, it's very sad.

I wasn't born needing a right to grant me the ability to speak freely. The government isn't designed to protect you from foreign invasion, it's designed to protect the owners from you and to convince you that their interests are your interests through coercion. That should be evident to most people nowadays, but apparently tossing around a few narratives and some iconography convinces us otherwise. Clean water is the product of city governments. Clean food can be (and is) grown in my backyard. You don't need a gargantuan State government apparatus to provide those things for you. I would recommended seizing upon your current angst towards Statism and holding onto those objections to it even when a more appealing sock puppet is offered up for your representation.

Last edited by ribosoma; 04-06-2010 at 12:49 PM.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote