View Single Post
Old 03-07-2001, 10:01 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I shouldn't be posting this, but the reference to Diop compels me to speak. I won fan of the game at the December 28 Dallas/Clippers game and got a free pair of tickets + free meal and drinks at the Mavs club for the Houston game on the 30th. I got drunk as a skunk with my brother before the game, and basically stood up in my front-row tickets in front of Chris Arnold and that former Miss Texas girl for most of that game. The funny thing about it though was that I was sitting next to Desegana Diop and that Cisse guy from Alabama. I am not kidding about this- I have Diops' autograph framed on a courtside menu. I could barely understand what he said when I tried to BS with him, but my drunken antics amused him and his buddy Cisse (I got a nasty look from Mo Taylor as I yelled at Bradley "RAISE YOUR ELBOWS- PUT HIM ON THE FLOOR!&quot I don't know where Diop got his tickets, but they were "players wives" seats, and were thus unbuyable by the general public(and I know it was him- I knew about him before the game, but I looked up a lot of material about him and Cisse since then). I e-mailed Mr. Cuban about this odd happenstance, and he e-mailed me back saying, "You know I can't talk about that stuff!". Maybe I shouldn't be posting this, but I don't see what harm it can do. However, I would bet my bum nickel that the Mavs are going to get into this draft somehow... I also know that one of our scouts was responsible for bringing Diop from Nigeria to Oakhill Academy, and that would explain his presence in Dallas during Winter break...