Thread: Bobby Jackson
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2002, 05:25 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Anybody with any common sense SHOULD give props to the Kings for the way that they've played this season, WOW. That's what DEEP, talented teams are all about. Everyday that I look at the standings, I'm amazed that they're so close given the Mavs fast start and the injuries that the Kings have had. Since last year's playoffs, the Kings have been the measuring stick. >>

OP: I agree with you totally that the Kings have played great this season. They are a tremendously talented and deep team. And they have played wonderfully throgh probably the worst bought of injuries in the league. They are incredibly deep team, and even more so after adding Jimmy Jackson. Probably they are the deepest team in the NBA.

What I have problem with is those who make such a big deal about the Kings injuries, and totally dismissing the injuries the Mavs have had. I would rate the Kings as having been hit the worst with injuries and the Mavs and being next. All of our accomplishments are constantly dismissed due to the injuries that the Kings have had.

<< I think that the comparison others tried to make about Eddie and BobbyJax is a bit strained...totally different things. >>

I think you make a great point here in comparing the players. But the point I was trying to make when I started this whole mess, is to mention the Kings injuries and say if they beat the Mavs Jan 15th they are beating the &quot;real&quot; Mavs even with injured, but if the Mavs beat the kings and have it said that the Mavs didn't beat the &quot;real&quot; kings because of injury is not fair IMO. It's a double standard, that I am not particularly fond of. To me its saying that even though the Kings are deeper than the Mavs the Kings are allowed to be affected by injuries while the Mavs aren't. It's difficult to define which team is hurt the most by injuries since many factors come into play and in the end its a very subjective call. We are playing a &quot;what if&quot; game. My fondest wish would be to see the 2 teams go toe to toe in the Western Conference finals with both being at full strength. But even if that happens and the Mavs win with home court, I can still hear the wines coming that if the Kings weren't injured and they had home court, they would have won so the Mavs victory doesn't really count.

The Kings beat the Mavs last year in the playoffs. Both teams had key people injured. But the bottom line was the Kings just out played the Mavs. I just would like the same concession for the Kings affictionados this year if the Mavs beat the Kings. And I definitely believe the Kings are the team to beat for the Mavs.