Thread: Bobby Jackson
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 08:58 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

OP - I hear what you're saying. I don't have a problem with Sacto getting more restpect than us. Like you said, they beat us very convincingly last spring in the playoffs. I realize that this is part of the double standard that has been put in place where injuries don't affect Dallas and they do affect Sacto. Or rather if Sacto loses as they did last night it is because they have injuries. But when Dallas gets beat by SA with Dirk, Griff, and Eddie out that doesn't affect us any. Sacto is a very deep team, deeper than we are IMO. They got even deeper with Jimmy Jackson. He was a great pickup for them. But if they are so much deeper than we are, how come they are more affected by injuries than we are? I know it goes back to the respect issue. I understand this. I'm just not a big fan of double standards. Essentially the standard is that unless Sacto gets healthy Dallas cannot be NBA champion this year. We might win 4 games in the finals, but Sacto will be the real champions unless we can beat them at their full health. Its this kind of thinking that turns me off on the BCS. I don't like it there and I don't like it here. I'm a proponent of proving it on the court, not on paper. I also like a team to have its destiny solely in its hands at the start of the season. It looks like Dallas is solely dependent on Sacto for any real championship hopes, at least many consider this. I understand why, I just don't like it. That's why I think all those who think Dallas won't be champions unless they beat a healthy Kings team are a bunch of whiners. My opinion only.