View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by two2er View Post
Yao is a restricted free agent. He wants a long term contract secured this summer due to concerns about the expiring collective bargaining agreement in the NBA(or something like that). The Rockets top brass doesn't appreciate him much as a player (maybe he's not very athletic), which might lead to him wanting to leave. Besides, it's not too much a fuss for him to relocate to Dallas.
Not saying that it's easily done, but certainly not impossible. By the way, who had ever thought the Lakers getting Pau Gaso?
1. The Rockets top brass will never let Yao go. They make too much money off of him.

2. I haven't seen any indication that Yao wants to leave Houston.

3. Personnel-wise, Houston needs Yao more desperately than Dallas or any other NBA team. The Rockets had a 6'6 center starting last year which amounted an open invitation for others to score in the paint. I watched the games, it wasn't pretty.

Yao coming to Dallas is about as silly as Rocket fans thinking that Cuban will let Dirk come to Houston. Frankly I can't find a single reason why Yao would want to leave Houston. Even if Yao did opt out, I believe the Rocket's top brass would suck it up and pay him.